Financial Abuse Hotline
Diego Hills Central has a confidential hotline for reporting financial abuse. Financial abuse refers to situations where employees or vendors misuse their position to obtain funds for themselves or others, harming the school in the process. Financial abuse can take various forms, such as stealing money or property, falsifying records, or engaging in inappropriate vendor relations.
What is considered fraud or financial abuse?
Additional examples of financial abuse include*:
- Any dishonest or fraudulent act.
- Forgery or alteration of any document or account.
- Misappropriation of funds, supplies, equipment, or other school assets.
- Misconduct or impropriety in the handling or reporting of money or financial transactions.
- Disclosing confidential or proprietary information to outside parties without approval.
- Accepting or seeking anything of material value from contractors, vendors, or persons providing any goods or services.
- Shredding, erasure, destruction, damage, removal, or inappropriate use of records, furniture, fixtures, or equipment.
- Improper employee behavior, such as immoral or unethical conduct.
How does Diego Hills Central fraud hotline work?
To report financial abuse, individuals or employees can contact the confidential Financial Abuse Hotline by calling (877) 358-5779. Reports made through the hotline are completely anonymous and treated with the utmost confidentiality. Each report is given careful attention, investigated, and handled promptly and discreetly.
*Adopted from DHC Board Approved Charter Accounting Manual